We are so pleased to welcome Carter to HB team as our Junior Finance Team Assistant. Carter has joined us for 6 months on the government’s Kickstart Scheme, which provides funding to create new jobs for 16-24 year olds.
Carter has recently secured his A Levels and decided to pursue training, rather than heading off to University. When he has lots of valuable experience under his belt, Carter hopes to find an Apprenticeship scheme or a role that will allow him to develop his natural numeracy skills.
“So far, I have found HB to be a good place to work. Everyone is welcoming, helpful and supportive and I already feel very comfortable here. The actual work is enjoyable and I find it very satisfying. The role will give me an insight into accountancy and office life and the knowledge that I gain will help me decide what to do next.”
Kickstart Scheme Extension
The Chancellor has just announced that the Kickstart Scheme will be extended to cover new jobs for young people that start on or before 31st March, 2022 – although employers need to apply for funding 17th December 2021. Employers of all sizes can apply for Kickstart funding that covers:
- 100% of the National Minimum Wage (or the National Living Wage depending on the age of the participant) for 25 hours per week for a total of 6 months
- associated employer National Insurance contributions
- minimum automatic enrolment pension contributions
Further funding is available for training and support so that young people on the scheme can get a job in the future. You can read more about the scheme on Gov.UK
Our Thoughts on Kickstart
We think that the Kickstart Scheme is a great way for businesses to support local young people to gain valuable experience, skills and insights. As the young person’s salary is covered, we can invest our time in their training and sourcing opportunities so they get a really good, all round experience of our industry. We blogged about the Kickstart Scheme back in September 2020 and although the employer application process wasn’t the smoothest for us, we’d still highly recommend the Scheme to other employers.
If you would like to hear more about our experiences and how we support you and your business, no matter your company size or sector, then call us on 01992 444466
Read our latest blogs below
- Making Tax Digital Income Tax Self Assessment delay announced (MTD ITSA) delayed to 2024
- HB Accountants are buzzing about positive changes
- The HB Accountants History part 4: The life of a post-war articled clerk
- Celebrating Colin Wilkinson’s 60th Birthday: Do you know your accountant?
- Boris Johnson outlines new 1.25% health and social care tax to pay for reforms – National Insurance increase NICs
The information contained above is for general guidance purposes only. Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the contents are accurate, please note that each individual has different circumstances and it is essential that you seek appropriate professional advice before you act on any of the information contained herein. HB Accountants can accept no liability for any errors or omission or for any person acting on or refraining from acting on the information provided in the above
Feel free to follow us on Instagram to get to get a flavour of who we are @HBAHoddesdon