Here is just a reminder of what is happening from today with regards to Furloughed employees, flexible furlough, SSP for employees who need to quarantine after returning from Spain for example, plus the latest drive to get Britain out spending.
- The Government’s Eat Out to Help Out scheme is LIVE – on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays throughout August you can now get a discount (upto £10 per person) if you eat out at establishments who have signed up to the scheme
- If you are an employer, YOU are now responsible for paying the national insurance contributions & auto-enrolment contributions for all of your furloughed employees. Flexible furlough arrangements continue and all furlough claims for August must be made to HMRC by the end of the month.
- Employees are still entitled to work from home if they can, however, employees are now being encouraged to return to their workplaces. If you haven’t already shared your Covid19 Policies and Risk Assessment with your employees, now is a great time to do so to help encourage a return to the workplace
- Employees who were previously shielded can no longer claim SSP if they are unable to work from home
- Employees who have to self-isolate following returning from an overseas trip CANNOT claim SSP if they are unable to work from home. Their options: either take additional holiday (subject to the employer’s agreement) or take unpaid leave
Keep an watch on the updates from the Government as circumstances may change during August if there are a spate of local lockdowns.
Webinar News: HB Accountants are scheduling a date for a FREE webinar on SSP rules for employees who need to quarantine & also fraud issues surrounding furlough claims – if you feel either of these topics would be beneficial to you or your colleagues, please click the “Interested” button and I will email you all the details and dates.
Latest blogs from HB Accountants
- Job Retention Bonus – further details announced
- If you are worried you have claimed too much or too little from the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
- Are you supporting local businesses?
- REBUILD OR RETREAT: 5 STEPS TO A STRONGER BUSINESS
- The Chancellor Rishi Sunak’s mini-Budget: everything you need to know
The information contained above is for general guidance purposes only. Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the contents are accurate, please note that each individual has different circumstances and it is essential that you seek appropriate professional advice before you act on any of the information contained herein. HB Accountants can accept no liability for any errors or omission or for any person acting on or refraining from acting on the information provided in the above