Great news for SMEs that need some financial help after the recent (and ongoing) business disruption caused by the pandemic. Grants, launching today, are available for between £1,000 – £5,000 to be used to access new technology and other equipment, as well as professional, legal, or financial advice to help get back on track.
The Government have announced £20 million in new grants to boost recovery of small businesses.
This means that if you need access to specialist advice to help review your business finance for example, undertake an audit or plan your future strategy, manage employees, set up new online courses, or even ramp up your digital marketing, then it could be fully funded by the Government – no financial input required by the SME. This money is in addition to other schemes currently in place.
SMEs can be funded to:
- Put on one-to-many events providing guidance on how to respond to coronavirus
- Access specialist professional advice such as HR, accountancy, legal, financial, IT and digital, and to purchase minor equipment to adapt or adopt new technology in order to continue to deliver business activity or diversify (if you need bespoke advice or would like to spend your SME grant on financial support, please feel free to contact the team on 01992 444466)
How do I get access to a Grant for SMEs
Funding is distributed via local Growth Hubs – if you are a Hertfordshire SME, you can register in order to gain access to all parts of their website, Growth Hub and support. Click the link here: Hertfordshire Growth Hub.
For more details about this scheme, visit the government website here
Your next move if you are a Herfordshire based Small to Medium sized Business
If you are a Hertfordshire SME who is interested in accessing Herts Growth Hub support, we recommend that you register as an SME on the Herts Growth Hub website. You will be asked to complete a short business diagnostic which will help Herts Growth Hub to tailor content and support for you plus you will then have free access to their Knowledge Bank, Supplier Marketplace and submit SME briefs.
- Register your business on the Herts Growth Hub website by clicking here – your business postcode will need to be in Hertfordshire in order to register
- Click on the verification email that will be automatically sent to you following registration. You may need to check your spam box
- Sign-in to your account and complete the short business diagnostic. Herts Growth Hub have created a short video to assist you: How to complete your diagnostic
If you are a business trading in Hertfordshire that provides commercial services to support businesses, then you should consider also registering your business as a supplier (you will need to register with a differing email address to the above). You may be a web agency that could help an SME develop a new ecommerce website or a financial consultant that can advise a growing start up seeking investment. Whatever, your service if it helps businesses across Hertfordshire then the Growth Hub want to see you on their Marketplace.
In the meantime, do remember that the HB Accountants Covid Hub is jam packed with lots of useful information and links no matter your business size or sector. You can access this here. Alternatively, if you need bespoke advice or would like to spend your SME grant on financial support, please feel free to contact the team on 01992 444466.
We’re accountants for business and we’re here to help your business grow.
Our Covid19 hub is still available to any business that needs accounting support and our team is on hand for bespoke consultations.
Or call 01992 444466 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for help. We look forward to hearing from you.
Latest Blogs from HB Accountants
- Claim your £1,500 Kickstart Scheme grant
- Shout out to Payroll!
- The benefits of cloud-based accounting systems for SMEs
- Furlough (CJRS) is changing – Dates for Your Diary
- JUST ONE REASON – The Power of Professional Relationships
The information contained above is for general guidance purposes only. Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the contents are accurate, please note that each individual has different circumstances and it is essential that you seek appropriate professional advice before you act on any of the information contained herein. HB Accountants can accept no liability for any errors or omission or for any person acting on or refraining from acting on the information provided in the above