Gov.UK have confirmed a fourth SEISS grant, which will run from February 2021 to April 2021, will be available for self-employed workers. Unfortunately, the Government is yet to provide further details about who can claim and how much help you can get under the fourth grant.
More information should be available in due course. If you haven’t claimed the third SEISS grant, the deadline for applications is fast approaching.
Can I still apply for the third SEISS grant?
Yes, if you are eligible to apply, you’ll need to make a claim by 29 January 2021.
To make a claim, head to this page on the Government website.
To claim you will need:
- Your self-assessment unique taxpayer reference (UTR)
- Your national insurance number
- Your Government gateway username and password (if you do not have one you will be prompted to create one)
- Valid UK bank details
Am I eligible for the third SEISS grant?
To make a claim for the third grant your business must have had a new or continuing impact from coronavirus between 1 November 2020 and 29 January 2021, which you reasonably believe will cause a significant reduction to your profits.
You must also declare that you will continue to trade, or that you were previously trading but are no longer able due to the pandemic.
You must be a self-employed individual or a member of a partnership. You cannot claim the grant if you trade through a limited company or a trust.
You must have traded in both tax years:
- 2018-19, and submitted your self-assessment tax return on or before 23 April 2020
Find out more information about who can claim here
We have been working hard to continue to keep you updated as the Government releases new information and are doing everything we can to support our clients during this uncertain period, please do not hesitate to contact us here if you have any concerns or queries.
HB Accountants is here to help you find optimum tax efficiency: giving you access to experienced accountants and useful information and support no matter your business size or sector. If you would like a no obligation discussion about how we can help you, please feel free to contact the team on 01992 444466. We’re accountants for business and we’re here to help you grow.
Latest blogs from HB Accountants
- Turning 100 – it’s our centenary and it’s time to celebrate
- Confused about the COVID19 support grants available to you? Check out what is available, if you are eligible and how to apply here
- Directors – do you know the most tax efficient way to pay yourself?
- COVID19: Supreme Court backs small firms over business interruption insurance claims
- Apprenticeships: New talent, new skills, and lots of business value
The information contained above is for general guidance purposes only. Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the contents are accurate, please note that each individual has different circumstances and it is essential that you seek appropriate professional advice before you act on any of the information contained herein. HB Accountants can accept no liability for any errors or omission or for any person acting on or refraining from acting on the information provided in the above