Businesses in the retail, hospitality and leisure sectors are to receive a one-off Lockdown grant on top of grants already being paid out. This is in addition to the discretionary grant funding for Local Authorities & Local Restriction Support Grants & extension to Furlough.
New Lockdown grants values
- the one-off top-ups will be granted to closed businesses as follows:
- £4,000 for businesses with a rateable value of £15,000 or under
- £6,000 for businesses with a rateable value between £15,000 and £51,000
- £9,000 for businesses with a rateable value of over £51,000
- business support is a devolved policy and therefore the responsibility of the devolved administrations, which will receive additional funding as a result of these announcements in the usual manner:
- the Scottish Government will receive £375 million
- the Welsh Government will receive £227 million
- the Northern Ireland Executive will receive £127 million
- this is on top of the increased funding which has already been guaranteed by the UK Government, to continue to provide the devolved administrations the certainty they need to plan for their COVID-19 response in the months ahead
- small businesses in the devolved administrations should also be able to benefit from other UK-wide measures in the government’s unprecedented package of support for business, including the various business lending schemes (where the repayment terms were made easier as part of the Winter Economy Plan), and the extension of the Self Employment Income Support Scheme
More details can be found here:
As soon as we have more information on how to apply or if this will be awarded automatically, we will let you know.
Every month we publish a range of blogs that give you access to information from experienced accountants.
If you would like a no obligation discussion about how we can help you and your business, please feel free to contact the team on 01992 444466. We’re accountants for business and we’re here to help you grow.
We have been working hard to continue to keep you updated as the Government releases new information and are doing everything we can to support our clients during this uncertain period, please do not hesitate to contact us here if you have any concerns or queries.
Latest blogs from HB Accountants
- HB Director Karen Chase, talks to Love Hoddesdon about the BID and which events Team HB really love…
- HMRC’s new creditor status – how will it affect you?
- Celebrating Local Heroes and our new home
- No VAT on (some) B2C services to EU customers
- Self employed traders must respond to HMRC’s email or risk losing SEISS
The information contained above is for general guidance purposes only. Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the contents are accurate, please note that each individual has different circumstances and it is essential that you seek appropriate professional advice before you act on any of the information contained herein. HB Accountants can accept no liability for any errors or omission or for any person acting on or refraining from acting on the information provided in the above